Send to Cinema 4D - Broken Instances

martinfdc

Question

Hi,

I'm using the Send to Cinema 4d command and the fist time I did the export everything worked perfectly. 

Now I have updated my project in Vectorworks and have wanted to Send to Cinema 4D once again. The result is terrible. The main problem is that many Instances of Vectorworks symbols are now broken and some symbols export with no texture tags.

It's not possible to work this way. One needs to be able to update the Vectorworks model and send it to Cinema 4D. 

• Like 2

3 answers to this question

I usually have good luck with one or maybe two "Send to Cinema 4D" commands, (but I ultimately get the same problems when using "Export Cinema 4D)  then it will (seemingly randomly) stop exporting the whole model,  entire layers will be missing,  geometry won't be updated,  restarting VW fixes it for me for another 1 or 2 "Send to Cinema 4D" operations then rinse, repeat.   

Contact tech support about it.   They have been able to replicate my issue (and I guess a few others having this problem)  but I haven't heard back about it in months and I can't get responses to my follow-up emails,   Last response was December 5th.    I've been dealing with this issue for quickly approaching a year now the the problem remains in 2018 SP3.   Perhaps the more examples they see of what's happening the better chance they can get it fixed before it puts me in an insane asylum.

Edited by Wesley Burrows

Wesley,

I have noticed that if you leave your Vectorworks model in axonometric view and in Open GL it works better. Because if I have it in Top/Plan after two export it simply doesn't export anything. But if I leave it in axonometric view and Open GL then I get the exports I want but they still have broken instances and some instances are deleted but the null containing the symbol still exists...

3 minutes ago, martinfdc said:

I have noticed that if you leave your Vectorworks model in axonometric view and in Open GL it works better. Because if I have it in Top/Plan after two export it simply doesn't export anything. But if I leave it in axonometric view and Open GL then I get the exports I want but they still have broken instances and some instances are deleted but the null containing the symbol still exists...

Interesting!  I'll keep an eye on this and see how it affects my exports!