Spotlight Preferences not opening

Keylight Design

Question

Hello,

I just downloaded SP3 for VW 2018, and since the update, I can't open Spotlight Preferences in the File > Document Settings > Spotlight Preferences menu.  When I click on it, nothing happens.  I need to "Perform Complete Export on Exit" to get my LW data exchange working, and I don't know of another way to do this if that menu isn't opening.  I have tried restarting the application and the computer.  I have also tried doing it with different drawings, and the result is the same.

13 answers to this question

On 3/25/2018 at 11:11 AM, markdd said:

I've never seen this before. Clutching at straws, but have you tried resetting your user preferences?  

I tried all of these steps on my mac (which basically factory defaulted my Vectorworks) but the problem still persists.  Has anyone had success in fixing this?  not being able to do "full exports" to LW is crippling.

I haven't ran into this myself, but just heard of someone else running into it.  I would assume resetting preferences would work, and am bummed to hear that didn't do it!  :( 

You could try reverting to SP2, but to do that, you'd need to uninstall VW 2018, then reinstall with the VW 2018 SP2 installer (there's no way to push it back just one version, sadly.)  Links for Mac and Windows below.

Mac Installer  |  http://release.vectorworks.net/nnapub/mac/2018/SP2/401138/NNA/eng/installer2/Vectorworks2018-SP2-401138-SeriesE-installer2-osx.dmg

Windows Installer  |  http://release.vectorworks.net/nnapub/win/2018/SP2/401138/NNA/eng/installer2/Vectorworks2018-SP2-401138-SeriesE-installer2-win.zip

Let me know if that helps.  I'll keep you posted if I find any fix on my end, and let me know if you're able to replicate this in SP2.  

23 hours ago, VeryCrunchyTaco said:

I haven't ran into this myself, but just heard of someone else running into it.  I would assume resetting preferences would work, and am bummed to hear that didn't do it!  :( 

You could try reverting to SP2, but to do that, you'd need to uninstall VW 2018, then reinstall with the VW 2018 SP2 installer (there's no way to push it back just one version, sadly.)  Links for Mac and Windows below.

Mac Installer  |  http://release.vectorworks.net/nnapub/mac/2018/SP2/401138/NNA/eng/installer2/Vectorworks2018-SP2-401138-SeriesE-installer2-osx.dmg

Windows Installer  |  http://release.vectorworks.net/nnapub/win/2018/SP2/401138/NNA/eng/installer2/Vectorworks2018-SP2-401138-SeriesE-installer2-win.zip

Let me know if that helps.  I'll keep you posted if I find any fix on my end, and let me know if you're able to replicate this in SP2.  

Thanks.  I went back to SP2, and it all works again.

This just in from Tech support

We’ve had a couple similar reports, so we may want to try resetting your Runtime Cache in Vectorworks.  We can do this by deleting the RuntimeCache folder in your Users folder; I’m listing the locations below for both Mac and Windows.

Windows  |  C:\Users\ ( Your Username ) \AppData\Roaming\Nemetschek\Vectorworks\2018\Plug-ins\RuntimeCache

Macintosh  |  HD > Users > (User's Home Folder) > Library > Application Support > Vectorworks > 2018 > RuntimeCache

I hope that helps!  Please keep me posted, and  have a great day!  :)