VWX 2018 SP2 Installer Crashing

Ben Mills

Question

Hi all,
When trying to install my student version of VWX 2018 Designer SP2, the installer starts up, extracts, and then just disappears, its process ends too. I have no versions of VWX currently installed as I uninstalled all of them in a hope it would help. I've tried basic things like moving the installer location, running as administrator, restarting my PC and redownloading the installer. Nothing has helped.

Does anyone have any ideas??

Thanks,
Ben

Edited by redcone

8 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, redcone said:

When trying to install my student version of VWX 2018 Designer SP2

Not sure if Student works differently - doubt it - but Service Pack updates require the original software to be 'on board' before it will load. It says this on the screen splash as it does its thing.

27 minutes ago, redcone said:

...redownloading the installer...

(to be clear). I assume you mean the SP2 installer.

You said you'd already deleted 2018. You should download and install 2018 and then load SP2 and any further updates (we're on SP3 now) incrementally.

Hope this works out for you.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Nothing out of the ordinary there. Recently we have seen a number of issues like this related to antivirus software, I think the most recent was:

If you have any similar utility, I would disable it entirely, reboot your machine and then retry the installation. If it still fails, get in touch with tech@vectorworks.net.

11 hours ago, Gadzooks said:

...You should download and install 2018 and then load SP2 and any further updates (we're on SP3 now) incrementally...

The only download link I am given on my Vectorworks account gives me an installer with SP2 named 'Vectorworks2018-SP2-401138-SeriesE-installer-win'.

I can't find the only 2018 installer you talk about, nor can I find a SP3 installer.

May this be since I'm in the UK?