disappearing roof

HI all I cannot figure this out, my roof which is visible in my viewports, disappears when I go into the design layer. I have turned on all the classes and all the layers thinking that perhaps it was moved to a different class or layer but its just not showing up. When I return to the viewport its visible and can be rendered. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you

Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 10.46.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 10.47.07 AM.png

• Like 1

Could your roof be on a different Layer that is not visible?

What happens if you go to a wireframe view instead of a rendered view?

Your lower image does not show that all the classes are on.

I know that for Symbols and Groups, that as Container Objects, you must have the class of both the Container and the Contained objects visible in order to see them. If either is off, you get no visibility.

I don't know if Roofs are a container object or not, but I suspect they are. Or could you have grouped the Roof accidentally?

Try either: A) actually setting the visibility of EVERY class to visible (maybe create a saved view first so you can reset your visibilities if necessary) or B) Look at the Layer and Class visibilities in the Viewport compared to that shown in the Nav palette, or C) go to the Viewport, Right Click and Choose Edit, Select Design Layer, choose the correct design  layer and make sure the Display Using Viewport Properties is checked. This will set the layer and class visibilities to match what are set for the viewport.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...