Vectorworks libraries

I am about to update 5 office work stations from vw2016 to vw2018.

the subscription libraries are optional downloads. Considering they would take up about approx 10-20gb of storage for each workstation I am wondering if I should instead just download just one set of libraries and store it on the office shared workgroup folder.

everyone would then still have access but saving all the storage. Is this a good idea? What sort of problems could crop up if I tried this?

thanks for any pointers

I keep all libraries and other standard reference files on server for years, no problems at all.  Every time somebody in my office adds library item in forces the right naming and is available to everyone else.  Totally recommended.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
1 hour ago, Ethan R. said:

Question - aren't the subscription libraires supposed to be available via the Resource browser>VectorWorks Libraries ?

Do you actually have to download them?

They can now be downloaded as-needed, you don't have to download them in a big batch if bandwidth is an issue. When searching in the Resource Manager you'll see an updated indexed list of the content even if you havent downloaded it, and then if you attempt to use one of the items, it will be downloaded on its own instead of as part of a larger pack like older versions did.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
Just now, Ethan R. said:

That is what I thought - but some of the libraries (like the ETC Power Library or SquareLED) were not there - I had to go to the Service Select Portal and download them.

Is this correct - or is something not connecting on my side?

If you click the gear near the top left of the Manager and choose "Refresh Libraries" and then restart, but then you don't see the items you're looking for in a subsequent search, something is wrong and you should get in touch with support directly to have them take a look.

Thanks Rob - Found them!

Its  bit odd as some are in the Service Select folders and others in the libraries folders.

Question - once downloaded  - is there a way to integrate them into the OIP Pallets?

ie. if I download the new Espon Projectors or Meyer Speakers - can I use the Spotlight tools to insert them into my drawings?

Thank you