Debug Menu

markdd

Question

18 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

It isn't useful outside of development from what I understand. I do lots of analytical and diagnostic things related to Vectorworks far outside a normal user's work, and I still never have use for that menu. It may not function properly without you being connected to the corporate network with proper logins etc in any case.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This was determined to be an issue related to the SP3 installer, not the actual build of SP3 itself. There will be a new SP3 installer released, however it just updates the installation software and not the actual build of Vectorworks that it provides, so there is no reason to re-run the updater. This just means anyone who updates to sp3 after the updater is corrected won't see the debug menu like we did.

If the plugin removal trick doesn't work for you however and you still see the menu after restarting Vectorworks, please let me know.

• Marionette Maven

Hey Kevin,

Although this isn't the place that debug menu would go, there is a script reference HTML file shipped with Vectorworks. You can find it in the VW Help > Script Reference folder from your application folder.

This file is often slightly more up to date than the developer wiki.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1
On 23/03/2018 at 12:55 PM, JimW said:

It isn't happening to everyone, I asked engineering why it may have popped up and if I hear back I'll report here.

I didn't have this.......but now I do.

On 26/03/2018 at 7:35 PM, JimW said:

This was determined to be an issue related to the SP3 installer

I'm not sure if this is the case Jim. Or at least not the whole case.

FYI, I've been having problems with VW cloud services (beach ball over the cloud icon in the menu bar), so I restarted it. 

It advised an update (some reason for beach ball??) and so I've now updated and all is well (with cloud services). VW now has the debug menu.

I can confirm this is due to the cloud services update/procedure, as the plug-ins folder shows 'last updated' being today and now has DebugModule.vwlibrary package listed.

Maybe this is helpful for the boffins.