Flyover tool on the fly on a Mac

Hi Mark, thanks for the prompt reply.

Perhaps, I can clarify my question:  yes, I know control + middle mouse button initiates the flyover tool (temporarily) but I'm asking is there a setting in VW that allows me to use/assign another key other than the 'control' key for this function.

No, I don't believe so. Depending on your mouse and driver software, you may be able to set up a macro to for one of your mouse buttons to do this function, but personally I have not had much luck  with that.

Its not something I have spent much time on so others may have a much better idea than me.

@Kevin McAllister Thanks Kevin - I'm guessing it's just something which VW assumes either users will just get use to using as-is or just call up the command 'full-time' with Shift-C combo - I'm coming from a Sketchup background and their Shift + middle mouse button is the perfect combination.

It's a stretch but here's, hoping they add that bit of code to VW 2019... 

14 minutes ago, Janvin Lowe said:

@Kevin McAllister Thanks Kevin - I'm guessing it's just something which VW assumes either users will just get use to using as-is or just call up the command 'full-time' with Shift-C combo - I'm coming from a Sketchup background and their Shift + middle mouse button is the perfect combination.

It's a stretch but here's, hoping they add that bit of code to VW 2019... 

Its been on my wishlist for years since I don't have/use a middle mouse button. I also have a longstanding wish that navigation be separated from tools, as it is in almost every other 3d modelling program.

Kevin

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

Well there 'was' a solution until VW 2021 for the boomerang flyover with a trackpad or a mouse without middle mousebutton:

Just press space bar and then shift+c

or reassign the flyover to another key, for example to 'q'. And then press space bar and then q key.

Unfortunately this doesn't work in VW 2021 any more.

Any ideas or suggestions?

• Like 1