Plant Tag Problem

Hi All.

I always seem to get issues on weekends when I cannot call my help.

And yes, I don't have a life :-) 

When I turn off the visibility for the plant tags - 'Plants-Component-Tag', the tag as well as the plant disappears. It is doing it for all the plants on the drawing.

I have checked that the symbols are not under the Tag class. They are under the other Plant-Component lists, such as Bloom, etc.

What am I doing wrong??

I opened a new file to check the problem. I placed a plant, turned off the tag, but the tag stayed!

I noted that the plant was in the None class

Thanks in advance.

image.png

If you select multiple plants, then in the OIP you have a tag section where you can set the tag class for all plants in one go, even define a new one through that pop-up menu using the new class option and the tags display accordingly;

OIP section

image.thumb.png.99917d9f4f237f561bb76d0829196a9c.png

image.thumb.png.874ce1c2ffd28f6c0ee6748989095258.png

Initial display:

image.thumb.png.099e73a5e726e42024a958a279f6c7d8.png

After changing the tag class with a new class through the OIP tag class>new pop-up:

image.thumb.png.c79fb5cb9c89125d915ab8d845aa6204.png

image.thumb.png.c83fc51eaf459d1b20eb5c128037c41e.png

Edited by Art V

Thanks Art V.

I have done this. But when I turn off the 'Plants-Component-Tag' class it hides the tag as well as the plant symbol. It is treating the plant symbol and the tag as one.

When I go to edit the symbol it is in the correct class. Not the tag class. See example here-

image.thumb.png.61ee0f69443e4b439fd86e2788f8ab1a.png

I will have to call the help desk tomorrow.

Thanks again for your help.

If they do have a solution for this, please report back to let us know what the issue was. Though it works here to disable the tag class without having the rest of the plant disappear. It might be a bug that could have been solved with SP3, or it could be a bug with that particular (set of) plant(s).

I finally worked it out.

I stupidly, while trying to get the tags removed when I turned off the 'Tag' class, highlighted them all and made them 'Tag" class instead of 'Plant" class.

Once I changed them back they worked fine. However I am back to the same problem of the tags not turning off!