Right Click - Convert to group

MartinFahrer

Question

When using a resource I would be able to right click and convert to group in the right click flyout box.   I know  ctrl K is the keyboard command, I would still like the option to right click for it.  For some reason when I go to do this action my brain defaults to fly out menu and not keyboard.

IF there is a way to add it to customize my fly out to add it I would do that but I am not aware of that feature.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Tools > Workspaces > Edit the Current workspace

Under the Menus tab, on the right, scroll down to "Object Context" (Thats the right click menu stuff) and then drag "Convert to Group" from the left to the context menu list on the right. You can add a separator from the top of the left list to the right if you like to keep things neat:

Screen Shot 2018-03-16 at 11.28.24 AM.png

• Like 2
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
3 hours ago, MartinFahrer said:

I know this is old, but how do you remove something you don't use from "Object Context" re "right click".

Some items you can not remove, but for any item int he workspace editor's Object Context section, select it and then press Delete. Some items are baked in and can't be removed from it, but I forget which ones specifically, they wont be listed there in the editor.