Tom Klaber

Duplicate Layer directly below duplicated layer

Question

3 answers to this question

I agree with this.  In the meantime, rather than dragging the sheet to where you want it, might it be easier to observe the original sheet's "Stacking Order" number before duplicating it, then just edit the new sheet (at the bottom of the list) and manually replace its Stacking Order number (as desired with respect to the original sheet's number)?  (I know, the hardest part would be remembering to make that initial observation, 'cause if you don't it automatically takes you to the bottom of the list and you're going to end up scrolling through your 140 sheets anyway!...).  But still, just a thought...

• Like 2

I agree with this as well, remembering the stacking order is a work-around but most of the time you want the duplicate layer to be named similar but with a different pre- or suffix (at least I do), so having it directly below (or above as it is with object duplicates) would be a timesaver. After all if it works with design layers it should be possible to make it work with sheet layers as well. 

1 hour ago, Art V said:

I agree with this as well, remembering the stacking order is a work-around but most of the time you want the duplicate layer to be named similar but with a different pre- or suffix (at least I do), so having it directly below (or above as it is with object duplicates) would be a timesaver. After all if it works with design layers it should be possible to make it work with sheet layers as well. 

I guess that is the fundamental mechanic at work - the new sheet just gets lowest available staking number - which throws it on the bottom.  Really what needs to happen is that its staking number needs to be original layer+1 and all other layers need to be pushed down.

• Like 1