2D electrical symbols

I'm working with files from architects on a project where I'm designing the lighting system. I need to draw custom control and plug panels with ethernet, dmx, Edison info. I can not find 2D symbols in the resource browser. ETC has some down loadable content but I need to customize my panels. Resources or suggestions? I would rather not draw each object.

Hi Robert. I'm using Spotlight but have been unable to find these symbols in the resource browser. I've drafted many light plots in Spotlight but have not had to use these types of symbols. Sounds as if they are in Spotlight and I just can't find them!

Hey @Clyde S, (had to try out the new @name linking)

I do much of what you talk about. This file has a bunch of my custom stuff. I stole a lot from Pathway Connectivity with their system in mind, as well as ETC.

I also freely modify to suit the job at hand. ;)

I have been thinking of getting the full designer version to get the Architect electrical tools and the space tool. Then again all my architectural clients are going to Revit! :(

Simple_Template.vwx

Hey @RickR!

Thanks so much for jumping in here and this file. I did as you, went to ETC and grabbed some DWG's and sliced and diced, which solved my immediate needs. 

I'm the only one not in Revit on this project so I may download the trial and check it out. There's no escape from Spotlight and Lightwright however.

Thanks again!

I've been pouring over Revit for a while now. I've determined that Revit LT will do enough. The big differences are in control of the view of the linked master file, live project sharing, and MEP functions. Since the EE will do all the panel schedules an such I will do without that stuff. I'll have the architect create a "view" of just the stage area and live project sharing sounds like a nightmare that would hard to implement. I'm in the process of creating some VW symbols, curtains, vastly simplified lights and such. FYI the ETC clamp symbol is a work of art that will suck CPU power for everyone on the job!

I'll still do most of my design and certainly lighting work in VW and transfer some of it and the 2D to Revit. For a while I'll hope for usable Revit project exchange. IMHO, IFC is not quite up the advertising. I do feel that it's important to be able to work with the team on an even footing, and that means Revit!