Spotlight 2018 not live syncing to Lightwright

camdensimon

Question

I am using Spotlight 2018 and Lightwright 6.

When I use Spotlight - Lightwright exchange, it will not keep up with live changes effectively.  I am plotting and updating instruments in Vectorworks.  When I check the live count window in Lightwright and I will see that the last 10 or more instruments are not showing up in Lightwright.  However, when I go to 'Spotlight Preferences' under file menu and select 'Complete Export on Exit' it will go ahead and basically force an update.   It is as if after the initial export, Spotlight is not exporting again until I force it to.  It used to export continuously once the option was selected in previous versions.   This is a pain as I need to see the live instrument track in LW to be able to quickly discern available vs used inventory.

Any insight as to why VW 2018 is not keeping up with the export?  Options or something I am missing?

Thanks!

3 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

We are looking into an issue where newly placed instruments are not immediately exported to LW

Any modification to the lighting device in Vectorworks after the initial insertion, i.e moving, setting the unit number etc., will cause the lighting device to automatically export to LW.