Bad Spotlight and Braceworks Suuport in UAE

Darion

Hi all.

I need some information, as the Vectorworks distributors dont seem to be very clued up on the Spotlight and Braceworks versions of the product.

We have one Spotlight License and it seems that it only works on one pc. 

I have heard that we can look in to getting a network licence which will enable multiple users to use the same product linked to a server. However this is where my info ends. Can someone please help me and explain it a bit more in detail for me. I dont want us to invest in the wrong deal.

We need a system that each department can work on the same drawing. From their own stations. How can Vectorworks assist us with this need without needing to buy a seperate license for each user?

If anyone on here knows a better support supplier in Dubai other than the current one registered on the Vectorworks website (I dont want to mention any names), please do let me know......

Thanks all in advance!!

• Administrator

Hi Darion,

Allow me to clarify based on the information provided:

The E-series licenses can be installed in 2 computers (Mac or PC) one workstation and one mobile/home computer but Vectorworks can only run in one at the time as per EULA (End User License Agreement).

9 hours ago, Darion said:

We need a system that each department can work on the same drawing. From their own stations. How can Vectorworks assist us with this need without needing to buy a seperate license for each user?

In order to accomplish this setup, you will need to exchange your E-series license for a network (G-series) license. There is a minimum of 2 seats requirement for this type of license but at that point you will be able to install Vectorworks in as many machines you might need on your network. since you will have 2 seats only 2 people will be able to work at the same time with the application.

9 hours ago, Darion said:

If anyone on here knows a better support supplier in Dubai other than the current one registered on the Vectorworks website (I dont want to mention any names), please do let me know......

As far as our distributor in Dubai, I know him and he is a great partner. However, he just recently joined the Vectorworks family, please give him a second opportunity.

If you still have questions please feel free to contact me directly.

• Like 1

Hi Juan

Thank you so much for the reply.

So it looks like we will need to go for the G-Series license.

Please let me know what you mean by "since you will have 2 seats only 2 people will be able to work at the same time with the application." - We have more than 2 people that need to work... Set and stage, Lighting, Rigging, Audio, AV. Will each department be able to work on the same drawing? Also will Braceworks also work across the board for this? We need a truelly integrated system to smooth our workflow and give us accurate information.

As far as your distributor, my main issue is the gentlemen are not informed about the product. They were unable to provide me with the information i just got from you. Maybe it would benefit you and them if they had some training. We will surely be needing aftermarket services as well, and i am concerned that will are not trained up[ enough for this. I have also asked him for a Braceworks quote and he just quoted me on 2 x spotlight e-series licenses? Please take this as positive criticism. I would love to support them.

Thank you again for the assistance.

• Administrator

What I meant is that you can install VW in as many machines you need but you can only run VW in 2 machines at the same time. 

Thank you for your feedback, I will pass this information to make sure our distributor get the appropriate information and training.