Stephen Sorenson

Plug-In Styles

I've been struggling with this one for a while. I'm trying to properly implement plugin styles from inside a python script plugin and while I've been able to get the style dropdown menu to show up in the OIP (and it will save a plugin style to the resource browser) I can't seem to access the naming/edit features. It seems there is a default edit plugin style menu that's accessible (at least if I'm reading this correctly). http://developer.vectorworks.net/index.php/VS:AddToPIOStyleEdit 

I have a feeling it might relate to this but I'm not quite sure how to implement it properly.

kObjectEditPluginStyleByDefault	= -10

I don't know if all of the functionality is available to vectorscript however or if I'm barking up the wrong tree with this. 

From what I understand, plug-in styles are only supported if your object matches a unique ID hardcoded into Vectorworks (by request). It is required for your object to be recognized by the functionality.

Well that's unfortunate, but good to know so I don't waste any more time trying to get it to work - Thank you!

I'm going to put in a feature request.