Title block revisions - please change the default "All active sheets" to "This sheet only"

JMR

Question

Hi,

There is maddening default setting in the title block editing window : When adding revisions to a sheet, the default setting is add to "All active sheets"! WHY not "this sheet only" by default?

I've ended up adding wrong revisions to dozens of sheets and then having to pick them off one by one.

And, for some reason, the title block doesn't update until one double clicks it - meaning the accidentally added revision is not visible, if you don't edit the title block.

Capture3.JPG

7 answers to this question

Yes please.  The new titleblock is not solving any of the problems it may have been created to solve.  If the developers had some intent as to how this was all supposed to work, then I'm not finding any supporting documentation to support their case.  Having the default for the revision to be "apply to all sheets." seems to be counter to what a revision on a sheet would be.  Having said that, I do notice that when working through the title block manager, having that revision apply to all sheets seems to mean that the revision is "available" to all sheets, but one must go through and cherry pick your revisions.  Again, where is the documentation on the workflow we are supposed to follow please?

This new titleblock is a complete waste of time. SO MANY clicks to do & see what was right there in the OIP.

I used to just double click it & fill it out tabbing through it...done... easy peasy. 

Now just filling it out is a click-fest.

Click to go to Title Block Border Settings...

Click Project Data...

Click a field...

Click to start typing...

click next field...

Click to start typing... & so on & so on...

No tab function? Really?? Come on.

They took what was quick & easy and made it slow & messy. It may have some good functions that offset this, but for my simple work it just slows me down.

Sorry to whine but this is just ridiculous.  

Edited by crosetti

Today a very stressful session of council approval drawings editing and publishing. In a hurry co-worker revisioned all sheets by accidents due to the imbecile default setting "Apply to all sheets". We noticed this after already sending them to printing. Cost ~500e, not billable from client.

When Updating the drawing schedule, updates are not showing up on the title block. Updates showing up on title blocks after publishing, but mysteriously not quite always...project sharing?

I've decided to introduce back my own symbol-based title block with custom records. At least it works predictably and logically and is fast and easy to use.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, JMR said:

Today a very stressful session of council approval drawings editing and publishing. In a hurry co-worker revisioned all sheets by accidents due to the imbecile default setting "Apply to all sheets". We noticed this after already sending them to printing. Cost ~500e, not billable from client.

When Updating the drawing schedule, updates are not showing up on the title block. Updates showing up on title blocks after publishing, but mysteriously not quite always...project sharing?

I've decided to introduce back my own symbol-based title block with custom records. At least it works predictably and logically and is fast and easy to use.

I dislike hearing how much trouble the new title block is causing :( (its a lot based on these forums, maybe more than any new "feature" in many versions). I also know that @Nikolay Zhelyazkov has been working hard to sort through many of the issues for everyone. Hopefully NV management has decided this is not the way to implement new features in the future. Its put people on both the development and user sides in a difficult spot.

Kevin

• Like 2