export webview opinions

Does anyone else thing the export to 3D wb view blows?  Navigation is counter intuitive and weird, even if you turn on walk thru walls,  the view gets stuck in the wall and so on. Have been all set to send models to clients but can't because I can't get it to work. I have my cloud services account linked to my dropbox and if I try to export it tells me I need to log in, eventhough I already am.  The whole thing seems half baked and has not had any improvement over 2017.  Interested in augmented reality capablity but don't own an Ipad pro yet. leaves me a little gun shy if I spend $1200 on a pad to then not be able to sell the design to clients if its also half baked.

Seems not ready for prime time, links to vector works cloud sevice are sketchy at best.  Seems model needs to be way simple in order for it to work.  It's kinda cool once you figure it out.  you run into walls objects etc you double tap to keep going.  I set the walking speed to very slow otherwise you can get lost really quick or stuck in the corner bouncing against the walls. I use the home button a lot to get back to point of reference.  I sent some to clients and they seem to want more of a professional experience.  It taxes run of the mill iPhones, etc.  need the best equipment for it to run smoothly.  worth fooling around with it.  multiple Panoramas of each rooms seems more professional and functional.  I use the website moment 360 to present to clients.  Its free and you can  have collections of panoramas.  Can't walk around but you can spin around to check out the scene. render high quality images versus open gl

its a online service that you can post your panoramas on .  They have a collection function where you can have multiple panos with one link.  And you can name the links so they don't have a bunch of gibberish.  Heres a sample collection.  (The link here has the gibberish, but in a email it only shows the collection title)   The VR Glasses views seem way more cleaner than the vector works versions.  

https://momento360.com/e/uc/60f60b216301424e886cf9a512b730bd?utm_campaign=embed&utm_source=other&utm_medium=other

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Web View was updated yesterday to go along with the Vectorworks 2018 SP3 release.  Please notice these new features:

1. Directional light and shadows, click on the settings button and you can drag the sun around in the control (red dot)

2. Interactive Clip Cube - Click this button to clip the model interactively ala Clip Cube in Vectorworks

3. Immersive VR support on HTC Vive, Oculus Rift, and Google Daydream browsers

4. Performance improvements

Enjoy!

• Like 1
Guest AndrewG

Hey @Itchy the default walking height is about 2 m and cannot be changed for 2018 web views. We used to have an option that adjusts the height, however we decided to take it out last release since no one seemed to be using it. We can add this option back in if there is enough demand for it.

Let me know if you are finding any other issue and we can address those ASAP.

Thanks!

Andrew

20 minutes ago, AndrewG said:

Hey @Itchy the default walking height is about 2 m and cannot be changed for 2018 web views. We used to have an option that adjusts the height, however we decided to take it out last release since no one seemed to be using it. We can add this option back in if there is enough demand for it.

Let me know if you are finding any other issue and we can address those ASAP.

Thanks!

Andrew

2m is our standard door height, so a lot of the time when in walkthrough mode you get stuck on the door frames. Must be a bunch of tall engineers over at Vectorworks :)

It would be ideal to have the height tied into the view that you export from. That way we can set it before it gets sent to the client.

If you do bring back the previous selection, it needs to be looked at as the conversion from imperial to metric didn't work, you couldn't select any height between 1m12cm and 2m. The tool seemed to just convert 1" to 1cm.

Thanks.