symbols not inserting in active class

Hello all...amateur user getting frustrated here. I'm in the middle of a drawing that has a rapidly approaching deadline. When I insert a symbol that was drawn in the "none" class, it does not pick up the attributes of the active class. "use at creation" is turned on for the active class. Only after I edit the symbol and change the components to my preferred class does it respond.

What am I missing?

Thanks...

Glenn

Not sure, but I think that is the intended behavior. Try creating the symbol in your desired class. BTW I'm a little confused as to how an amateur user aquires a deadline (LOL).

PS: When you post questions on this board it is very helpful if you include your system info (ie: OS type and version, VW's version, hardware, etc.) If you are lazy (like me!) you can edit your user profile and create a "signature" with all of this info.

Peter...thanks for the signature tip. First, amateur refers only to VW experience, and perhaps "hack" would be a better term! Second, I was under the impression when you insert a symbol drawn in the none class it would take on the attributes of the active class (with "use at creation" selected). By having to edit the symbol to my desired class, I not only have to duplicate some of the work, it duplicates the resource and asks the use/replace/rename question repeatedly.

In addition, the symbols I'm using are included in the VW spotlight package, so they're already assigned the none class.

Thanks...