Sheet list - Auto-generated - HELP

Hey, 

we've been trying for at while to get an auto-generated drawing list from VW. I've been searching the forums, with different results.

We got a problem linking the sheet border's Current Revision date and Current Revision Number.

Revision Number leaves a Current revision number as "NONE" if it's empty (='Title Block Border'.'Current Revision Number')

Revision date is nowhere to be found?

I hope you can help us out - The purpose is lost if it can not be done automatically

We are using Vectorworks 2018, SP2

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello Jonathan,

You could check out the worksheet reports created from File->Title Block Manger...->Issue Manager... If neither of those worksheets is getting the job done for you, could you tell me what exactly do you want to be displayed in your worksheet?

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Hi Nikolay,

I would like a worksheet with the following data:

Sheet name:          Scale:        Sheet Number:          Dato:           Current revision:           Current Revision Date:

Which i hope to have the worksheet extract from the Titel Block. 5aa7d48706345_Skrmbillede2018-03-13kl_14_38_28.thumb.png.8e2dddb768e4029390b3490da45961e8.png

The best option for that is to use the Sheet Revision Log worksheet created from File->Title Block Manager...->Issue Manager... It is listing all the data that you need, but it is also listing all revisions, not only the current.

Were you able to make this worksheet in Vectorworks 2017 and if so, could you attach that worksheet here?

15 hours ago, Andy Broomell said:

From what I'm understanding from this and other forum posts, apparently you can't pull all data from the new Title Block Borders directly into worksheets? If so, that's pretty sad, though I haven't played around with it yet myself.

As of now, and as it was before with the Sheet Border, yes, some of the Title Block data cannot be pulled directly into worksheets.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Jonathan,

I have looked into this once more. I see that the only data that is not shown how to be extracted in worksheets is Current Revision Date, as for the other data you could see how it is being extracted in the predefined worksheets created from Title Block Manager->Issue Manager...

You could use the following formulas to get the Current Revision Number/Date/Approval/etc. :

- Number      - =SUBSTRING(('Title Block Revision Data'.'Number'); ''; 1)

- Date            - =SUBSTRING(('Title Block Revision Data'.'Date'); ''; 1)

- Note            - =SUBSTRING(('Title Block Revision Data'.'Note'); ''; 1)

- Approval     - =SUBSTRING(('Title Block Revision Data'.'Approval'); ''; 1)

- Zone            - =SUBSTRING(('Title Block Revision Data'.'Zone'); ''; 1)

- Recipients  - =SUBSTRING(('Title Block Revision Data'.'Recipients'); ''; 1)

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jonathan RD said:

Hey Nikolay,

I've attached the testfile. Atm we're getting the revision date from a manual inputted data in sheet data. 

Revision - Date : number.vwx

Hello Jonathan,

Thanks for the feedback.

Seems like the separator character is not getting copy-pasted correctly in the browser. Take a look at the attached file. I have fixed the formula there with the correct separator character. If it is still not working, try replacing the ';' in the formula with ',' as formula separators are taken from the system settings.

Let me know if you still have troubles displaying the values.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Revision - Date _ number - fixed.vwx

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, tismacfan2 said:

Hello

Thank you for the support. Can you also tell me which formula I must used to get te "Nota" in to my sheet?

And is it possible that he always gets automatically the last revision?

Hello,

You should use:

=SUBSTRING(('Title Block Revision Data'.'Note'); ''; 1)

It is better to copy the formula from the attached file

On 8/14/2018 at 1:40 PM, Nikolay Zhelyazkov said:

Revision - Date _ number - fixed.vwx

as here the separators are not copy-pasted correctly.

If you have any troubles getting the formula working, you could send me a test file and I will send it back to you with correct formulas.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 1

You could use the function CONCAT. For example with the fields you have specified:

=CONCAT('Title Block Project Data'.'bouwheer'; '<Your separator here>'; 'Title Block Project Data'.'bouwheer adres')

Note that the formula separator(before and after '<Your separator here>') might be , for you and not ; as in the example.