Jump to content
shiyu

Helpp! How to make continuous roof?

Recommended Posts

Hello guys, I was wondering how to make a continuous roof in a closed room.  just like what I attached, and there's no wall in the middle.. 

image.thumb.png.4e61b1cf8e6cb0ca897bb0ff90c5a80c.png 

Share this post


Link to post

Hi Shiyu, are we looking at a section here? When you say "in a closed room" do you mean this is a ceiling feature?

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Robert Anderson said:

Hi Shiyu, are we looking at a section here? When you say "in a closed room" do you mean this is a ceiling feature?

 

 

Hi Robert, thank you for your reply. Yeah, this is a section view. make an example, If I create a square room, when I create the roof with these walls,  the roof is integrated square shape, but what I want to do is get several septated roofs based on those walls. Can vectorworks make it?

Share this post


Link to post

Shiyu, I had to look up "septated". :) 

 

Are you looking for something like this?

001.png

This wall line is achieved using "Fit Walls to Objects" command.

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, Robert Anderson said:

Shiyu, I had to look up "septated". :) 

 

Are you looking for something like this?

001.png

This wall line is achieved using "Fit Walls to Objects" command.

Yes! How did you make it?

Share this post


Link to post

Draw the walls. Draw and position the roof objects. (I used four roof objects, but you could use an extruded zigzag or whatever). Select the roofs and choose "Fit Walls to Objects" from the AEC menu. 

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Robert Anderson said:

Draw the walls. Draw and position the roof objects. (I used four roof objects, but you could use an extruded zigzag or whatever). Select the roofs and choose "Fit Walls to Objects" from the AEC menu. 

Thank you! I’ll try it later 

Share this post


Link to post

draw the rectangle for one roof, select it and use the Create Roof... command. Vectorworks will use the rectangle to create the roof. Repeat to get all the required roofs. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×