Reference files not working when file saved to newer version

We have a file in VW2015 format that loses it's reference files when saved to 2016. We have tried also saving the reference files to VW2016 but still the references are not working.

We have to keep VW2015 running in the office for this one project so it would be good to update it to our current version. It is a fairly large file.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Did you try using the batch convert option in VW2016? This should convert the working file and associated references and in the process keep the references intact so that they should load into the working file.

Are the references hard/absolute references or relative references?

Edited by Art V
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks. Batch referencing helps but still have problems. The reference DLVP has displaced so the SLVP's are all wrong. I suspect this could be due to rotated views being used.

It is an absolute reference. 

The file is a real mess, so we have decided to wait till the project is over, then clean it up prior to coverting it to our current version of VW

47 minutes ago, Boh said:

The reference DLVP has displaced so the SLVP's are all wrong. I suspect this could be due to rotated views being used.

Yes, rotated views are buggy if used with referenced files as it may not always honor the rotation when updating/reloading the reference especially if a rotated view is being used in the referenced file.

I think it is better not to use rotated view in the referenced file and just rotate the referencing viewport instead in your working drawing, this should give more consistent results for when the reference gets updated.