nrkuhl

Hidden line not showing line types

Question

I have some elevations set to hidden line render, and hidden line is not properly displaying the line type (dashed) for my window hinge marker.  I know it won't display line color, but I'm pretty sure in the past it would properly display linetypes.

Is this a known issue, is anyone else experiencing this?

Edited to add: I just went back and looked at another project, and my hinge markers properly display in hidden line with both line type AND line color (shade of grey), so I have no idea what's going on in my current file.

Edited by nrkuhl

2 answers to this question

“Hidden line” render mode will display line colour but won’t display linetypes unless you are in “dashed hidden line”. In that mode you can nominate through the preference settings for that mode what linetype to use for the “dashed” element.

Actually I just figured it out - for some reason in the section options it was set to show objects beyond section plan in class None.  So hidden line is showing both color and line type, as expected.  I've never needed to use dashed hidden line, actually.