Final 350 dpi render, suggestion request

zeno

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Zeno,

a lot of attention to detail. Nice job. Love the radiator and A/C unit. 

Just a few comments:

• The floor texture is a bit too small. It shows tiling. I would try and use a larger image to avoid that effect. I have attached one as an example.free-texture-travertine-stone-modern-architecture-seierseier_4356821425_o.thumb.jpg.a8314f21e27cbb8049195a7b678a5375.jpg
  • In a modern scene, I would not necessarily use so many antique books. Plus, the "Conversation Lexicon" you chose only has 6 or 7 books. It gets repeated and that's not its intended purpose. I would use the Penguin or paperback books perhaps.
  • The Encyclopaedia Britannica similarly only has 13 volumes. It is unlikely that duplicate copies would be used.
  • The three framed images you have on the hallway wall are exactly the same. They are also in an unusual place - very close to the corner. I understand why you placed them there - because you did not want them to be obscured but that is exactly what makes them look a tad unnatural in their place.
  • The book shelf needs some more sides. It would never hold up with all the books in it. The shelf would simply bend.
  • The lamp next to the TV could do with some backlighting to allow some light through. Here is an example for you: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cq7o4s1yet3j6d6/Point Lights.vwx?dl=0
  • Avoid repeating elements. There are some green spheres on the kitchen top and some identical books on the lounge table. Those are a giveaway :-)
  • The scene is very yellow. perhaps use some cooler shades for ambient lighting?

Sounds like a lot of criticism but your work is very good and you are doing a lot of things right. There is really not much wrong with this scene. Keep up the great work!

• Like 1

Wow stephan, thank you a lot.

Sure i will follow your suggests! This is the “as build” scene after a real finish work with the client chooses. But i will make a copy of this file to have a “render gym” with them can try your points. I will post the results here. Thank you one more time.

Looks very nice, like Stephan some tips,

- You would expect that the back of the chairs stick out above the table top (table to high, chairs to low?)

- The oven doesn't have any cabinet around it or top? would it be build in like this?

- The doors of the kitchen look like they are 1 surface, there is no seam between the separate doors.

- You could give al the cabinets/shelves a (very) little bevel on the sides/corners so that you get al little highlight on the edges.

- The texure of the walls, table lamp and the bookshelves look like they are the same. The bookcases are probably made of HPL or melamine so give just a little bit of reflection and have a little noise bump so they stick a tiny bit out.

- It seems that you Ambient Occlusion is turned on. I would turn it down with 50%

- The table top is very thin,  the plinth of the kitchen very low

- There are some lighting artifact above and under the paintings.

This is probably a night scene, but if you would make it a day scene where the sun shines through the windows it could bring the scene to life.

Then there would be allot of shadows and light spots that could 'guide' your view through the room.

Where did you get those awesome textured and modeled couches?

Great job so far!

2 hours ago, Bas Vellekoop said:

Looks very nice, like Stephan some tips,

- You would expect that the back of the chairs stick out above the table top (table to high, chairs to low?)

- The oven doesn't have any cabinet around it or top? would it be build in like this?

- The doors of the kitchen look like they are 1 surface, there is no seam between the separate doors.

- You could give al the cabinets/shelves a (very) little bevel on the sides/corners so that you get al little highlight on the edges.

- The texure of the walls, table lamp and the bookshelves look like they are the same. The bookcases are probably made of HPL or melamine so give just a little bit of reflection and have a little noise bump so they stick a tiny bit out.

- It seems that you Ambient Occlusion is turned on. I would turn it down with 50%

- The table top is very thin,  the plinth of the kitchen very low

- There are some lighting artifact above and under the paintings.

This is probably a night scene, but if you would make it a day scene where the sun shines through the windows it could bring the scene to life.

Then there would be allot of shadows and light spots that could 'guide' your view through the room.

Where did you get those awesome textured and modeled couches?

Great job so far!

Wow. I had a very long "to do list" for my next render session, thank you!

The couches comes from internet. It is a fee model. The model is "LARS" from "BONALDO" https://www.designconnected.com/it/catalog/family/Lars-Bonaldo

Z

Here are the Pano file, tried to calculate in cloud but it were not possible.

Day scene, only background and parallel light, max quality no exposure camera effects and (sob) some lightning problems on the wall/roof corner, @JimWknow what I mean

hope you will like it, I confirm the "to do list" here on the top

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rv42p21ck8zpga3/Pan_Sala_1.jpg?dl=1

Z

Edited by Zeno
  • Like 1
Just now, Bas Vellekoop said:

Nice!

Some exporsure settings would help brighten up the scene, but if I`m correct that is not possible at the moment with the panorama`s

Yes, the only way is to set the light power resources or open the final jpeg in photoshop :-)

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, egidoro said:

Hi Zeno,
can you tell me how to get light effects on ceiling lights and on kitchen cabinets?
I never get such realistic effect.
Thank you.

Hello Egidoro. You can use Glow effects in a new texture render. Is very simple! You can create a new texture from Resource Browser, then apply a Glow texture and set the power of light. Then you can create some 3d object and create light. Attention: if you are used to work with visualisation palette, you can't see light object create with this texture type. So be sure you have a good class structure.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Zeno said:

Hello Egidoro. You can use Glow effects in a new texture render. Is very simple! You can create a new texture from Resource Browser, then apply a Glow texture and set the power of light. Then you can create some 3d object and create light. Attention: if you are used to work with visualisation palette, you can't see light object create with this texture type. So be sure you have a good class structure.

Also with this type of Glow texture, you need to make sure the Glow is set to "Emit Light" (which should be on by default) and that you render with a Renderworks style that includes Indirect Lighting.

BTW the Glow brightness can be set above 100%.

• Like 1