Problem with drop shadow in sheet layer

Vito89

Hi everybody. I'm new to Vectorworks and I have a problem with drop shadow. I applied drop shadow to polyline, polygon and plant. It appears in design layer but once I go to sheet layer and export to pdf there is no drop shadow. Only plant shadow that I applied from object info is visible. Polygons and polylines shadows from attributes are invisible. Could anybody help?

One thing to look at:

Viewport OIP>Advanced Properties (button near bottom of OIP)>tic the Drop Shadows box, Click OK to dismiss the dialog.  Drop shadows for the polys should appear in the VP. Might also need to update the VP.

In my test, the drop shadows also are visible in pdf export, print to PDF (MacOS) and Publish to pdf.

Post back it this is not getting what you need.

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw
pdf

Is this in any file?  I suggest try making a new file with, say, a square to catch the shadow, a polygon or other square to drop a shadow.  Add a plant, too. Make a VP and try the pdf.  If demonstrates the problem, eg no drop shadow, post the file so we can look at it here.

Vectorworks troubleshooting is often helped by isolating the issue in a new file containing only a few objects.

-B

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

I have applied drop shadows to multiple buildings on a Masterplan and they refuse to show in the Viewports! This is a very frustrating, temperamental feature. I tried opening a new document, applied a drop shadow to a box and the shadow shows in the page space viewport, so why won't they appear on my main drawing? Would be great if it was a class.