exporting DFX files to "SoftPlan"

Change the properties of the file to read/write and it should import.

It sounds like the file is either on a CD and you are trying to open it in SoftPlan directly from the CD, or the file has been given a read only property of the file.

To change this - right click on the file and select Properties. Remove the check mark next to read only.

If the file is on a CD, drag the file to your desktop and then check the properties.

If you are on a Mac, go to File>Get Info (once the file is highlighted) and change it to read only under Permissions.

Thanks Katie, but no luck. The "Read Only" property was not checked.

I am exporting a dxf from VW 9.5.3 [ mac os 10.3.2 ] and e-mailing it to my windows platform and trying to open it in SoftPlan 11.1.

When I try opening directly from the file, the "Read Only" message pops up. When I try importing into a new drawing in SoftPlan, I get a " DFX File Error: No Entities".

What now ?

Thanks,

Garry

The file most likely can't be opened directly from an email. Save the attachment to the desktop.

You may want to check the attachment settings on your email program. Make sure the encoding is not set to binary - since you are sending it to a PC, you should set it to a PC.

Please note - if you continue to have problems with this, please contact SoftPlan. The problem is not in VW execution of the export, but in the file properties and how SoftPlan is recognizing the files.