Class 'Parent class'

jb.trystram

Question

it will be good to have Class 'parent class' so that objects take the class of the container (group, symbol, Plug-ins). 

this will be usefull by symbol. for exemple a chair with steel structure and a upholstery with parent's class  that can be than change.

or group with object with a fixed class (other objects have parent's class)

2 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Rob Books said:

I actually suggested something like this where classes would be true parent-child relations rather than the current system.  so you could have a class Door with all its attributes, then add in a class Door-Interior, which would take the attributes of its parent upon creation, but could be tweaked for the new class requirements.  I don't know where it is in the process at the moment.

+1,000,000 As this would be something very very very, did I mention very?, useful to have as I have this kind of inheritance stuff quite often. Of course I could duplicate a class and then rename it but these are additional steps that could be avoided altogether with this solution.

Edited by Art V