jb.trystram

Class 'Parent class'

Question

it will be good to have Class 'parent class' so that objects take the class of the container (group, symbol, Plug-ins). 

this will be usefull by symbol. for exemple a chair with steel structure and a upholstery with parent's class  that can be than change.

or group with object with a fixed class (other objects have parent's class)

3 answers to this question

I do believe this item is similar to what you are asking.

It would be good if you could lend your support to that and expand discussion if you thing there are tweaks or scope that can be covered by a single item.

I actually suggested something like this where classes would be true parent-child relations rather than the current system.  so you could have a class Door with all its attributes, then add in a class Door-Interior, which would take the attributes of its parent upon creation, but could be tweaked for the new class requirements.  I don't know where it is in the process at the moment.

8 hours ago, Rob Books said:

I actually suggested something like this where classes would be true parent-child relations rather than the current system.  so you could have a class Door with all its attributes, then add in a class Door-Interior, which would take the attributes of its parent upon creation, but could be tweaked for the new class requirements.  I don't know where it is in the process at the moment.

+1,000,000 As this would be something very very very, did I mention very?, useful to have as I have this kind of inheritance stuff quite often. Of course I could duplicate a class and then rename it but these are additional steps that could be avoided altogether with this solution.

Edited by Art V