Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Include file acting differently depending on view

See attached image.  I've created a screen/projector PIO that I'm trying to add drape to on the left and right side of the screen.  To do this I've created a 2D/3D drape program ("Drapeline") that I've inserted in as an "include" file into the screen/projector PIO.  As you can see everything works correctly when I'm in Top/Plan view, but if I move to a Top view the drape moves back to 0,0,0 & 0 rotation.  I've tried a bunch of 3D move and rotate commands but nothing seems to be effecting it in any 3D view.  Before i jump off the cliff I thought I would post this problem to see if any solutions jumped out to anyone.

Dave

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 11.20.50 AM.png

Here's a theory, I believe I may be presuming that the "LNewObj" will return to me a handle to the entire "Drapeline" object, but in fact is only grabbing the last object created by that procedure.  So I'm thinking I'll have to group everything within the "Drapeline" procedure and return a handle to that group in order to manipulate everything with the move and rotate commands.  This makes sense in my small mind, does it make sense to you?

Dave

Yes, unless Drapeline is another PIO, you are just calling a procedure and not making a new “Drapeline” object. 

Alternatively, you could pass an insertion point and rotation as part of the Drapeline procedure, and handle the move within Drapeline()

You could also look at drawing the drape with a line style, which would likely simplify the code. 

CreateCustomObjectN() lets you place the PIO like a symbol. You can suppress the defaults dialog with this call. 

SetRField() sets parameter data. The universal name of the PIO is the record name. 

ResetObject() will cause the PIO to redraw with the new parameters. 

Path based objects have their own create calls that also let you specify a handle to a path object. 

You can use this to insert any PIO— yours or a built-in plug-in.