Jab_be

Lumion and Renderworks. What do you think?

Hello,

Today, I've just begin the test of Lumion3D.  In general I hate new software because I've to learn everything from scratch, too much time not enough hours in one day..

But, after 2 hours I've created som rendering image in very short time.  Lumion is very intuitive.  I export to collada et import it with plants, textures in Lumion, and I adapt very easily what I want, for example grass and leaves.

When rendering time is about 1 hour in RW, the same scene, with more détails (fog, ray light, sun light and other param) takes about 30second in Lumion.  

Renderworks is a good software but in term of time, it's prehistoric...

With Renderworks : 1hours and 30 minutes (If i add a spot and Fog, rendering time is about 4Hours...):

5aa0e355844c8_Sanstitre.thumb.png.5025900adcd51b0f19a7173c9ed1f575.png

Test with Lumion, Rendering time 30seconds.

5aa0e6d24c3eb_Sanstitre1.thumb.png.ce0abbe38adaf379dfa145323e6246cf.png

Yes windows only I think.

I've taking a look to Keyshot, it seems less oriented "nature".  As a landscape architect, I absolutely need realistic nature materials.

Twinmotion is mac and windows compatible and similar to Lumion. Quick and intuitive. Full functional demo on their site.

Wow, it's seems cool too, I'll try this with the same file to test.

Faster but I have to do a test to know exactly.

But i Need Grasses, a garden without grasses is not a garden :-)  Or I've to play with grass symbol instead of textures but it increase dramaticaly the file size, and the comfort in navigation...

Edited by Jab_be