Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Script to get X / Y value from Point2D to a Text Box

Everything is in the title,.... I am new in vectorworks (and in scripting).

I have to get de X and Y value from several made 2DPoint (the little cross) and write them into a text box..... as I have hundred to complete, doing repetitive click info object (get copy X / paste X then returning into the info object and get the Y position and paste) takes me days...

What would be great is to by simple clicking the 2Dpoint this info would be written into a text box (or like in cote i.e.,... or any other solution would be great :-)

thanks in advance for any help / advice...

(picture example)

XY.jpg

Edited by ArnoXz

I would investigate the Stake Object tool. Change the Label Reference setting to "Coordinate Point XY" and maybe turn on "Display Leader Line" in the tool's preferences before you start placing them. It would do what you need and someone might be able to help you write a script to replace your loci (2DPoints are called loci in VW) with stake objects.

Kevin

Some other threads that might be of interest -

mmmh, I'm sorry but I do not understand the reference topic.... (I am not good enough to pick up the info and create the script --> got bug error (and I do not really now what I'm doing/looking at,...))

If someone could build me something that would extract under a click the X and Y position (of a selected point, a click to a point,...) and insert it into an "infobulle (french release of vw).... this would save my 5 next days :-)...

Perhaps this screenshot would help to understand in an easy way....

thanks a lot in advance if you think this would be possible, if someone got a spare time for this... I thanks him/her in advance...

VectorScriptXY_Position.jpg

Is there a reason you need to use the Callout "infobulle"? I've attached a simple file with some Stake Objects in it. It is designed to show co-ordinates on a drawing. It is a single click to insert. You can also offset the co-ordinates like a callout by selecting the stake and dragging the blue handle that appears. The only option missing is the ability to have the marker shown as an arrow.

Kevin

5aa2a4ba2b2f5_ScreenShot2018-03-09at7_13_11AM.thumb.png.f85ce54e7b684fce2772b9b9feed52be.png

Stake Object.vwx