Slab Slope

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You're welcome, Bruce!

A slab can have one tapered component. The tapered component will taper its top surface as required to create slopes for slab drainage (eg: rigid insulation). Everything below the tapered component will remain level, everything above it will slope along along its top surface. If no tapered component exists in the slab, all components will slope for the drainage.

• Like 1

I've been experimenting with the slab drainage tool. It's difficult to use this tool to make my sloped odd shaped garage floor. Obviously, the tool is trying to calculate the best way to completely drain the surfaces (something I wish my contractor had considered!). So instead I created the main rectangular sloped slab and then added the small slabs in the door openings. It works.

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 11.49.18 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 11.49.32 AM.png

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

Matt, thanks for that - I'm such a NewB with VW I dont even know how to ask the right questions yet! I had seen the video for fitting walls to roof and got mixed up... Using the AEC/Fit Walls to Objects command worked perfectly to get walls sloping up to underside of my new parking ramp. Thanks

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 10/22/2020 at 3:56 AM, Markvl said:

@Thomas Wagensommerer  I figured that is what you were getting at.  I was hoping to be able to turn off the "elevation and diameter" by assigning a class but doing so also turns of all the other alphanumeric text.  Wish list I guess. 

Just tested it, and it works fine for me. Keep in mind, you have to assign those classes in the tool Settings before creating the object (like any other tool mode settings).

That said, I wish it was easy as auto assigning parts classes in the Spotlight (Landru) tools.

• 1 year later...