Extrude along path, geometry and upgrades

TimG

Question

1. I wish the path created for an extrude would remain that type of geometry rather than convert the path to a NURB... again

2. I also wish there were more time saving features added to the extrude along path tool

I wish the original path geometry to stay the same because... If I wanted a NURB, I would draw a NURB originally. If my extrusion is only going around 2 axis, and I draw a polygon for the path... I would like it to remain in only 2 axis for quicker editing if I need to modify that path as my model progresses.... let the modeler choose their geometry, the program should keep it until its changed.

I think there can be some simple but very effective time saving features added to the extrude along path tool, including the following:

- During creation, give us the option to pick the origin on next mouse click of the profile.

- Let us copy and paste IN PLACE profiles from one extrude along path to another (like it was at one point), don't make us realign the same profile (very time consuming)

- Make the extrude the same class as the profile used to create it (saw this in another wish list item recently)

- Give us a right click on the extrude along path object to flip the profile

- It would be handy if we could lock, or choose a path based on roof object or wall object edge... and when moved it could update.

• Like 2

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet