Hidden Line Rendering not correct

Hidden Line rendering is not displaying correctly in front or back views.  Other views are correct.  Attached are some samples and a VW file.  Sample 1 shows what a front view, hidden line rendering should look like.  I had to cant the model a small fraction to get it to render correctly.  Sample 2 is a Front view, hidden line rendering and is showing lines that should be hidden, especially in the bottom center of the model.  Sample 3 is an isometric view of the model.   Any help is appreciated.  I can't keep printing my drawings out and whiting out the incorrect lines.

Vectorworks 2018 with Renderworks

AAASAMPLE1.JPG

AAASAMPLE2.JPG

AAASAMPLE3.JPG

vw problem.vwx

Edited by jamesmise

I think this might be a bug with how container objects are rendered in hidden line. If I convert a copy of your symbol to a group and then ungroup it the objects draw correctly. If I regroup the objects, the problem reappears. It happens when rendering with hidden line in both the design layers and sheet layers. I would bug submit it.

Kevin

5a9ef4ef6641b_ScreenShot2018-03-06at12_06_45PM.thumb.png.9fea74654a48863f010b85bf22bef948.png

I tried what you said, but at first I did not also convert the sub-objects (the casters).  It did not fix the problem.  I tried it again and converted it to a group including the sub-objects and the rendering was correct.

So it may have something to do with symbols contained within symbols.  And as I said, the rendering was incorrect in front and back views only.  Side views and isometric views were fine.

I will submit it as a bug.

Thanks for your help!

4 hours ago, jamesmise said:

I tried what you said, but at first I did not also convert the sub-objects (the casters).  It did not fix the problem.  I tried it again and converted it to a group including the sub-objects and the rendering was correct.

So it may have something to do with symbols contained within symbols.  And as I said, the rendering was incorrect in front and back views only.  Side views and isometric views were fine.

I will submit it as a bug.

Thanks for your help!

I played with it some more and have attached a fixed symbol version here. Not entirely sure what is causing it. It happens in all true views (eg. if I rotate the original symbol 90 degrees the problem shows up in the side views). For the fixed version I made 3 changes -

1. I made a solid addition from the metal parts of the caster symbol.
  2. I made a new extrude for the back structure that extruded 3 of the parts together.
  3. I cut and pasted back the front deck piece.

These simple changes seem to have solved it. Give this version a try and see if it does all you need.

A VW mystery....

Kevin

vw problem KM.vwx

• 4 weeks later...