2d detail "vanishes" in Viewport annotation?

David S

Question

Has anyone come across this issue? This has just started happening? (Not had this problem before) Any ideas?

This relates to grouped 2d constructional detail applied within a viewport annotation. The attached are 2 screen grabs. The lower is the correct grouped detail. The "orange" one above is as a result of scrolling into the viewport annotation in order to alter the 2d detail. It just vanishes? (but is still there as is orange-highlighted)  Doesn't appear to be a class issue? Same group of 2d objects does not behave like this in a design layer?

Many thanks for any help, David

2d detail missing.JPG

14 answers to this question

Hello Pat. If I ungroup the 2d objects the problem resolves itself. We use groups a lot to keep the files "tidy", and it is only recently that several other bugs seem to be associated with "groups" Strange. Never had an issue with 2017 or previous like this? More news as & when.....

Hi Pat. This is the file. Model made up of design layers. This is an incomplete working drawing file of a redesigned bungalow in Hampton, London. All viewports are live. See section AA sheet layer. Some - not all - of the working dwg info is applied in 2d to the Viewport annotation. See the two groups to the left? If you scroll in the visibility is ok. If you ungroup to ammend and scroll in the 2d disappears. If you ungroup the group and perform the same task the visibility is ok. If you copy to a design layer there are no visibility issues. I cannot copy the viewport to a new file, but did transfer this file to VSS UK yesterday and they saw the same issues. Not encountered this before and this is a standard methodology for us.....

Many thanks for your time and enjoy the model (not a big job but it pays the bills!)

Regards

David

PAT.vwx

Sorry for the delay in responding. Did you ever get this figured out?

In SP3, I do not have any trouble with visibility changing as I zoom on my 2014 MacBook Pro.

I did notice that on your Section AA sheet layer you have an extra group. It looks like an out of scale detail about 22000mm right and 2000mm below your page. Do a Select All and then Fit To Objects so you can see it.

Good evening Pat. Just loaded up SP4! No this has not been resolved. I forwarded a file to VSS UK and the same issue occured on their programmes so that rules out any graphics card issues. We have been using 2d detailing for 2 years in Viewport Annotations and not had this issue before. I will look into what you identified and thank you for your time. Just reviewing how many of the reported bugs have been resolved in SP4!

On 7/10/2018 at 4:07 PM, Jim Wilson said:

Hi @Jim Wilson

The above issue is still occuring. Just opened the above file (PAT) attached above to Pat Stanford in SP4 VW2018 and still happening. Was this ever reported as a bug please? It's very annoying! Also did VB-146728 (multiple tab issues) or VB-149264 (Unsolid walls & roofs in section viewports)  Also wondering whatever happened to our issue when we cut Clip cube flat sections and the viewport won't display the wall detail correctly from last year? I'm pretty sure @Tamsin Slatter reported it and here is the DSS reference number (Good afternoon Newbury [ ref:_00DD0D7vd._500D01SL7Ge:ref ) Any update welcome!