Rendering in Cloud | Also update viewports in Original Vector Works Drawing

Alex K.

Question

I really like the cloud render service and the PDF output is great.

What I´m really missing is that also the viewports in the original VWX file should be updated !!!

If you don´t want to fiddle around with original files then produce a duplicate where the viewports are updated/renderd.

This would make this feature a whole lot better.

Also a timer of how long the rendering process will take would help.

cheers

Alex

Edited by Alex K.
  • Like 2

9 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello Alex,

Thanks for you post! Both, saving of the rendered .vwx file, and the estimated time of completion have been frequently asked for and we have them on our future to-do list.  

Regards,

Iskra Nikolova

• Like 2

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your feedback! We have a lot of wishes collected for this functionality already. I hope our team will be able to get to it soon. (I'll make sure I mention it to the team at our next planning meeting).

Regards,

Iskra Nikolova

Hi @Kimbo and everyone else on this thread,

We have been considering this request for quite a long time now 😅. It is still on our future to-do list. Sending viewport data back into the file you have opened in Vectorworks (or not) at the time the cloud rendering is completed is not an easy engineering problem to solve. There is an easy solution - we can create a copy of your file, but we think this approach is not ideal and it may cause more problems than the one it will solve. After tackling a few other high priority projects, we are planning to devote more time to the ability to get data back from the Cloud into the Vectorworks file. Many other features will benefit from this capability, so it is definitely something we are looking forward to working on.
Best regards,
Iskra Nikolova

• Like 3