Section viewport in VW2018

Bengt Nilsson

Question

6 answers to this question

16 hours ago, Gadzooks said:

It is not there.

I have read the section you refer to several times, and if the menu item does not exist it is not applicable.

ViewMenu.png

5 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

If it is not in your workspace, try one of the standard workspaces instead. If it is there, you will need to edit you workspace and add it.

In the Workspace Editor, in Menu View, there is only "Create Viewport", no "Create Section Viewport".

My license includes Fundamentals and Renderworks only.

Could this be the reason?

Edited by Bengt Nilsson
1 hour ago, Bengt Nilsson said:

In the Workspace Editor, in Menu View, there is only "Create Viewport", no "Create Section Viewport".

Could this be the reason?

I noticed another peculiar thing, 

In an old drawing, where I have a Section Viewport in a sheet layer, and do Object Info (it truly says "Section Viewport"), it WILL NOT UPDATE, the striped edge banner does not disappear when I press the "Update" button. In the same sheet layer, I have other standard Viewports of my design, not Section, and they do update normally when requested.

I don't remember now which VW version I used to create the drawing.

Hi @Bengt Nilsson

Sorry - I misread/misunderstood your OP. I thought you were having trouble with the Help files.

2 hours ago, Bengt Nilsson said:

@Pat Stanford was on to it. We would have known earlier if your signature had shown Fundamentals. 

This is your problem. Vectorworks has been criticised before over what is excluded when using Fundamentals. Sections being pretty fundamental!! But I guess they have to create  sectors to suit individual users and that is where the knife has cut on this occasion.

To be fair, its clear from the published comparison charts that its clearly not included. So potential purchasers are advised of this shortcoming.

5a9bd6eae44e5_ScreenShot2018-03-04at11_16_44.thumb.png.7d2fa7a12b26baa283cb9b486acaaf14.png 

(Although I can see thats not really going to please you at this moment.)

The full link is here..

http://app-help.vectorworks.net/2018/eng/Commands_Tools2018.pdf