Soffit Ceiling

@Bruce Kiefferhi, anytime i need a ceiling i simply draw a polygon and extrude the thickness of the ceiling and then move to the height i need, place on a class 3D-Ceilings. I use the prefix 3D- for all my created 3D objects.(not for walls or windows) as I will have 2D once we get into construction drawings. Ctrl+Alt+M will get you the z move.

HTH

I see the "Slab Tool" creates many other types of objects other than just slabs. I watched the Vectorworks Architect "Creating the Floors" video that showed creating slabs using basic 2D tools, composing the shapes, and then converting the result to a slab. I assume this is done when the shape of the slab needed is very complex, as it was in the video.

http://www.vectorworks.net/training/2014/getting-started-guides/architect/Gsg-2014-a05-Creating-the-Floors

19 minutes ago, Itchy said:

There is also the ceiling grid tool but has minimal input - you can't change depth or the size of the T, only the size of the grid and rotation. It does have other uses as well - I sometimes use it to create quick decking or floor planks.

I plan on trying that for my ceiling grid and see how close it comes to what I actually did. Should be interesting.