Revision history disappeared in VW2018

Bengt Nilsson

Question

Hi!

I recently migrated from VW2015 to VW2018, and I found that my project history revision information disappeared from the drawing title block in the process.

"Help" on revision title block management is very confusing, since there is very little connection between the help content and what I see in my VW2018 environment. 

For instance, the Help refers to File/Title Block Manager, and there is no such thing in my File.. menu.

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to get my Revision History back.

1 answer to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello Bengt,

1) Title Block Manager should be located in the Designer and Architect workspaces. If you want, you could add it in your other workspaces too from Tools->Workspaces->Edit Current Workspace...

2) In VW2018 the Title Block was updated to new object -> Title Block Border. In the Title Block Border you could create your own Revision History easily, through editing the Title Block Graphics. I am attaching a file with TItle Block Border with Revision History in its graphics to give you an example how to make it for your own title blocks. You could copy & paste the example in your title blocks from OIP->Edit TItle Block Layout...

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask here.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

RevisionHistory.vwx