Generic Solid Resolution

Hi,

How can I change Generic Solid resolution during export to Vision. When I use circles converted to Generic Solid. Export to Vision works fast. Geometry is low resolution. (attached photo) If I use screens extruded from circle then export to vision works very slow but geometry is high resolution. 3D conversion resolution in VW prefferences do not affect with Vision and Generic Solid.

Zrzut ekranu (31).png

Zrzut ekranu (32).png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hey Robert,

Exporting to Vision will definitely take longer if those circles are just extruded. Converting to generic solid changes them to straight line polygons (decagons I think?).

Basically, Vision takes whatever is in vectorworks and converts to a mesh (vertices specifically) and re-creates it. 

If you're not seeing a performance impact in Vision, use extrudes. Since you are using 2018, you can also convert them to meshes, then go to Modify>Simplify mesh and simplify until you get the performance you want. Just eyeballing your scene, I don't see anything crazy like soft goods, truss symbols or anything like that. You should be good, but let me know.