Instrument focus, part ducks

Eddie,  You helped me with this a couple of weeks ago and for the life of me I can't remember what you told me.  I have some LED strip lights that are pointing almost straight up in the air in Vision.  On my VW plot I used the "Set 3D rotation" to get them pointing downstage, but on "Send to Vision" they are still pointing almost straight up.

I'm forgetting something!  Thanks!

Pat

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

That's a weird one. What happens when you export without changing 3d orientation, still pointing straight up? Also, are you able to select the fixture in Vision and change Rotate X? Does it rotate as expected? 

Lastly, is the fixture attached to a lighting position or is it floor-mounted?

16 hours ago, salukitd said:

Eddie,  You helped me with this a couple of weeks ago and for the life of me I can't remember what you told me.  I have some LED strip lights that are pointing almost straight up in the air in Vision.  On my VW plot I used the "Set 3D rotation" to get them pointing downstage, but on "Send to Vision" they are still pointing almost straight up.

I'm forgetting something!  Thanks!

Pat

Some times ago I had similar problem. Fixture in vision do not affect to "Set 3D rotation" from VW. I resolved this by activate/changing values of each "Set 3D rotation" fields. But i do not know if this is solution for your problem. 

Robert