Has anybody used the VW Spotlight Guide Tutorial/Uplighting section?

dlauter

Hi, I'm new to VW and this forum. Looking to see if anyone had same issues and what the fix or workaround is - I have two questions please

1) When using Label Legend Manager I can add a name, enable focus and color, etc, and activate but when I go to Edit Layout

It looks different than the tutorial. Instead of the labels showing on the left in 2D there is some kind of 3D message on the right

and after I drag them to the light in the middle of the edit layout and exit they do not show up as blue squares and hence never show up later.

2) I focused a light against the tutorials pipe and drape, and set the focus point, adjusted the beam settings, angles, brightness, etc rendered in 3D

and the first light position and beam show correctly, as Ul-1, but then it asks to use the mirror tool to create Ul-2, etc, and every time I do and look in 3D

view that next uplight is at like a 45 degree angle to the pipe and drape, so it is wrong, instead of mirroring exactly.  Can someone please explain why? 

Is there an Object info setting to fix this or a workaround? Did I mirror it wrong somehow?

thanks

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 9.07.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 8.53.18 AM.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello dlauter,

I took a quick look at your photos and post and I am not sure what the issue is for question 1.  I think for question 2 the reason the light is facing the angle is that even though it mirrored correctly it is still using the focus point as your first unit.  It appears to be pointing in the direction that the first light is aimed.  Did you also duplicate the focus point as well?  If you did duplicate the focus point you may have to go into the OIP and change the focus point of unit 2 to the second focus point.  Let me know if that helps.

Justin 

The 3D label panel you are seeing to the right is not related to the placement of labels around the instrument. It just gives you the opportunity to change the formatting of the text of the 3D label. That is all. The layout options  such as they are, are contained in the "Edit fields" section of the LL Manager. 

Mark