OIP Data Tab - Bottom Half Minimized

Andy Broomell

Question

Every time I open Vectorworks, the bottom of half of the Data tab is completely squashed to the bottom of the screen. Here's a screenshot of how it looks when I open VW versus after I fix it:

5a965c9b272fe_ScreenShot2018-02-27at8_15_10AM.thumb.png.f6fba71f1e99279d056b0c82c383617c.png       5a965c99da713_ScreenShot2018-02-27at8_15_16AM.thumb.png.8f3dfcec4c56b210ffb114b1c6ab9d61.png

It seems like this has been an issue on Macs for a number of versions now. It's an easy fix each time - you simply grab the little grey dot and slide it upwards, but it's annoying to do it every time, plus I fear that novice users won't even realize the bottom half is there.

Is there any known way to fix this so that it saves? "Save Palette Positions" doesn't seem to help.

7 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
2 minutes ago, Wesley Burrows said:

Yes,  2019 seems to not save any changes to it.   Mine resets to this after each program launch:

If you switch to another workspace thats unmodified in any way, edit the arrangement, shutdown Vectorworks, then relaunch, does it still move? I've been unable to replicate this one on Mac or Windows since the beta of 2019 but I just got another report of it today.

If that still happens, if you undock the OIP, adjust the data tab arrangement, then restart Vectorworks does it still collapse again?

35 minutes ago, Jim Wilson said:

If you switch to another workspace thats unmodified in any way, edit the arrangement, shutdown Vectorworks, then relaunch, does it still move? I've been unable to replicate this one on Mac or Windows since the beta of 2019 but I just got another report of it today.

If that still happens, if you undock the OIP, adjust the data tab arrangement, then restart Vectorworks does it still collapse again?

Default Braceworks:                               Adjusted Braceworks:                           After VW Restart:

image.thumb.png.c322f5c852fccb91d3d5069a69b99d3c.png           image.thumb.png.30984b5391bb7c94cb1236d59db0033e.png            image.thumb.png.54a434e9e7bfbaebe4047c756fda56b1.png  

So yes,  it appears to work with a default workspace.  Though my 2019 workspace started as the default spotlight workspace.   I modified it vs importing an old one.