Proxy not used during the activation

Raphaël

Question

Hi all,

Config : Windows 7 and Windows 10 , VW 2018 SP2

We recently installed VW 2018 on my company, the installation went well but when I start the program the activation must be done, here start the issue.

I got the following message  : "Vectoworks requires activation over Internet before it can be used"  :  which look correct for a first run. When I click to activate, the activation failed  "An attempt to activate over the Internet has failed because of communications problem. Do you want to try again."  

As many companies we use a proxy server to get access to internet  : So I opened the following address and port that  I found on an old VW 2016 issue :  See Proxy.txt file

Exemple : 

Hostname:        activation.vectorworks.net

IP-Adresse:       54.165.135.229

TCP Port:         http (80)

Protokoll:         TCP

The activation still don't work even after I opened all of the IP / Port indicated , is this list still correct and up to date ??

After more deep troubleshooting, I found that there was no traffic recorded on our proxy from the IP computer or to the destination IP. The computer try to access the IP in direct and do not use the windows proxy settings configured on the system (standard http-proxy without any specialties) 

I quickly run made Wireshark capture. (see attached Wireshark picture)

Computer IP : 10.153.32.12

VW Activation server : 54.165.135.299

172.21.4.13 : Proxy server

Indeed the connection are going directly to the activation server without using the proxy. 

My question is now, is it Normal ? Where do I configure the proxy settings to used if VW don't use the default system settings?

Did I missed something, because there is no such issue reported elsewhere.

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Raph

Activation.png

Activation2.png

Proxy.txt

Wireshark.png

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet