Can not activate from communications problem?

TimG

Question

Help please! I need to get this seat up and running.

I recently had to wipe a machine and reinstall windows 7 over the weekend. Our production is running both Vectorworks 2018 and 2016. I installed them both but I can not get them to activate due to a communications problem.

This is the first time I've had an issue like this and nothing has changed as far as I know on the our domain server which manages the firewall rules. If this is local to my side, what ports should be open for the station to communicate to the Vectorworks authentication server? I did send an inquire to tech@vectroworks but thought I'd poke the forum incase anyone has any ideas to help me expedite getting this station working.

5 answers to this question

....so in an attempt to get this user on something... I un-joined the domain and set it up as a local workgroup and totally turned off the firewall. I still get the following communications error. Is there a number I can call to get this worked out sooner rather than later?

Capture.thumb.PNG.9069131aaf6a5c57e869851bd7f955b4.PNG

Capture.thumb.PNG.9069131aaf6a5c57e869851bd7f955b4.PNG

Edited by TimG

It was, but to be honest I don’t remember the details of how I got it working. If I remember correctly it was on my end and combination of updating firmware on our firewall appliance and I think there were some updates on our domain server... it ended up being something silly... apologies I can’t remember exactly what it was

I will  just add this in answer to your other post. I also don't remember how I resolved this. Sorry. I think it was something to do with Avast (my virus software). I  believe I uninstalled Avast and activated with no virus software at all. I been up and running for over a year so something worked.