JOG SECTION LINES

Jim Smith

Question

I know that one may "Jog" a section line to be able to show different conditions. What I can't get the Section Line Tool to do is to show this "jog". It seems to stop showing the path of the section cut at the point of the point the section cut moves at right angles. I could have sworn that one could do this in the past, but I may be remembering having to doctor this up in annotation. 

So did the section line tool never show these "Jogs"?

Also related: Whenever I move the location of a Section - it always messes up. Should the rule be "Never touch a section; just create a new section"?

6 answers to this question

I just tried creating a jogged section line on VW2016 and seem to be having the same problem - it only shows the first section on the section line. You can however subsequently still add additional sections and the "jogs" will then show.

Re moving section lines. Yes I wonder how others do this. Moving the section line "sideways" also moves the viewport view the same direction but of course the VP annotations or crop object don't move. Each time I have to go and carefully edit the crop and annotations back to where they should be in relation to the view which is a pain. Does someone out there have a technique to moving section lines that doesn't mess up VP annotations/crops?

On 23 February 2018 at 1:04 PM, Boh said:

Re moving section lines. Yes I wonder how others do this. Moving the section line "sideways" also moves the viewport view the same direction but of course the VP annotations or crop object don't move. Each time I have to go and carefully edit the crop and annotations back to where they should be in relation to the view which is a pain. Does someone out there have a technique to moving section lines that doesn't mess up VP annotations/crops?

Any feedback on this? I'm often having to edit section markers to get them in the right place on my floor plans but moving them sideways (as I often want to do) stuffs up the alignment of the annotations to section in my section viewport.