applying textures

VW 2018

What I want to do is apply a texture to a 4'x8' flat -1" thick, created with the wall tool - using the resource manager. I have done it before, but for some reason this time it only applies the texture to is the edges of the object, not the face. I select the object, then double click the texture from the RM, and it shows on the edges. I have gone into the OIP and tried different settings in the render tab, but none make it apply onto the face of the flat. Tried Fast Renderworks and open GL.

Second question - how do I get custom textures, like JPEGs, into the Resource Manager?

Edited by Jim2489
1 hour ago, Jim2489 said:

Second question - how do I get custom textures, like JPEGs, into the Resource Manager?

To make new textures - double click in a blank area of the RM (or click the "New Resource" button in lower left) then choose Renderworks Texture. Give it a name. Under the "Color" shader dropdown choose "Image" then import your custom image. Assign the texture a size in the lower lefthand area.

5a8f10e3b7c02_ScreenShot2018-02-22at10_49_52AM.thumb.png.3cde0f29a055b997cbbf90c759573d0d.png

The new texture you create will then live in your file. If you're wanting to make it available across numerous files via a custom user library, let us know.