Walls not joining properly

Jim Smith

Question

Back about VW 2010 or 2012 there was an issue with Components of Walls not joining properly. It seems to have crept back into 2018. This is very frustrating to have to dick around with something that was solved some time ago.                 

Not joined

Untitled.jpeg

Here's another that don't want to play nice after a Join command (T-Join)

Untitled2.jpeg

Here's what happens when one attempts to Join the components after joining

Untitled3.jpeg

I suspect this is an OS issue between VW 2018 & my Mac (made with stone tools 2 years ago) & running OS 10.13.3. 

I'm about two bits away from getting my drafting board out of the shed.

Edited by Jim Smith

6 answers to this question

This is the out of the box VW 2x4 (in Metric) metal stud wall. The "same" wall worked flawlessly in VW 2014, 15, 16, 17. I tried a blank file & that seems to work ok, but this file seemed to work ok initially. It wasn't until moving & replacing walls did the problem creep in. I'd noticed minor similar problems in an earlier file.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Jim,

The first component (Gypsum Board) in the wall style was selected as the Core. Change the core to Mtl Stud Framing and they should join properly. Was this wall style included in a template that shipped with Vectorworks, or did you pull from default content (via the Resource Manager or Wall tool)? I checked our default content and a couple of templates and they are correct. If you can find the offending wall style in any of these places, please let me know so we can correct it. If you cannot, maybe the setting was accidentally changed?

5aa28c1d243ae_ScreenShot2018-03-09at8_28_13AM.thumb.png.b7b4e84ff7d7bacf508528640c98c5da.png