Does VW 2015 work with El Capitan ?

domer1322

Question

I'm currently running VW 2015 on a late-2012,  27" iMac using Mac OS 10.10.5 Yosemite.  Unfortunately, I downloaded TurboTax 2017 and it won't open using Mac OS less than 10.11 El Capitan.  I don't really want to upgrade, but the most important factor is Vectorworks.  Will VW 2015  sp5  run completely OK on Mac OS 10.11 El Capitan ?

Also ... if I am forced to upgrade to mac OS  10.12.xx  ,   will VW 2015 work with that version as well ?

4 answers to this question

thanks .... but .....   I can't find the right statement in the Knowledge Base.   The answer given in the posting by JimW on October 21, 2016 IMPLIES that VW2015 will work with El Capitan, (OS 10.11.xx)  but it does not explicitly state that they are compatible.    Can anyone else give me a definite answer ?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
2 minutes ago, domer1322 said:

thanks .... but .....   I can't find the right statement in the Knowledge Base.   The answer given in the posting by JimW on October 21, 2016 IMPLIES that VW2015 will work with El Capitan, (OS 10.11.xx)  but it does not explicitly state that they are compatible.    Can anyone else give me a definite answer ?

Yes:

However, that is the last macOS version that Vectorworks 2015 was compatible with.