2018 online help bug

No doubt this topic has been dealt with before, but for those of us just encountering it now a refresh will be appreciated. The problem: Vectorworks 2018 Online Help cannot execute a Search command. Whatever is entered as the search topic, the search just loops endlessly. Seems odd that the Help Tool is not working! In particular I am trying to recall the technique of using the Drape Tool on a DTM to get a simpler carrier of the aerial texture ... no luck draping my current DTM regardless of number of U/V points.

thanks but a bit problematic since I work in a large firm and IT will have to get involved to change the browser (Explorer) ... I heard from a colleague that some downloadable fix was floating around but I can't find it ... his machine is Mac; I am (reluctantly) PC. Ever hear of the fix?

I've just joined this forum ... a reply in 8 minutes is great! maybe will get more involved.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
15 hours ago, Kim Robert Solar said:

I am trying to recall the technique of using the Drape Tool on a DTM to get a simpler carrier of the aerial texture

You are probably looking for Model > 3D Power Pack > Create Drape Surface. Use this menu command with the site model selected.

15 hours ago, Kim Robert Solar said:

The problem: Vectorworks 2018 Online Help cannot execute a Search command.

If you manually navigate to:
Program Files\Vectorworks 2018\VWHelp\HTML5\index.html
 and open that with Explorer, does the search work there? If not, then the issue is usually browser related.