"decompose" Multi Circuit Lighting Devices

markdd

There's no good way — it would involve manually changing the lighting devices' unique ID, so is fairly off label and breaks any data exchange you may have set up.    Deleting and starting over might be the best option.  

I do think Spotlight needs a way both to split up a multicircuit as well as replace the symbols / types such that the spacing between symbols adjusts to accommodate the new dimensions.

Thanks. I wondered how it worked and now I have an inkling which is helpful to know. I think there is more potential to this command but I have a feeling it stopped being developed some time ago. I'd like to be able to use the menu command a bit more fully to group instruments together such as 6-bars (which are making a comeback!), but it breaks the focus possibilities of the 3d portion of the fixture when you run it on a group of lighting instruments. However, I tried adding two 3d loci to the selection and it worked better. (That part of the process isn't in the help file!)

Mark