Braceworks - Drape vs Border (or soft goods teaser)

Projx_CA

Is there a correct way to attach a soft goods Border or Teaser to a truss in Braceworks? 

I am able to attach a full length drape (and calculate successfully) if the height of the drape is the same as the truss (i.e. 30' trim, 30' drape).

When I shorten the drape to be a header (30' trim, 20'drape), THE LOAD IS NOT CONNECTED

If I change the drape to a border, THE LOAD IS NOT CONNECTED

If I draw a new border, THE LOAD IS NOT CONNECTED

Is there a workaround other than extending the item to the ground, calculating, then shortening the item again?

58 minutes ago, Projx_CA said:

Is there a correct way to attach a soft goods Border or Teaser to a truss in Braceworks? 

I am able to attach a full length drape (and calculate successfully) if the height of the drape is the same as the truss (i.e. 30' trim, 30' drape).

When I shorten the drape to be a header (30' trim, 20'drape), THE LOAD IS NOT CONNECTED

If I change the drape to a border, THE LOAD IS NOT CONNECTED

If I draw a new border, THE LOAD IS NOT CONNECTED

Is there a workaround other than extending the item to the ground, calculating, then shortening the item again?

I too am getting very mixed results with this using the Truss PIO converted to a Hanging Position.   Curtain is really the only one that works right,  border sorta works but it inserts with it's bottom Z @ the bottom Z of the truss so the border goes UP 19' taller than the bottom of the 12x12 it's hanging from.   When I adjust the Softgoods PIO to correct this the calculation no longer see it as connected.   

I typically just use the Insert Load (distributed) tool for stuff like this because of the strange results I've encountered.

Edited by Wesley Burrows
  • 3 weeks later...

I too have had the drape not attaching to the truss if adjusting the drape so it is "X" feet of the ground. If it spans floor to truss/pipe it connects and calculates, once the height off the floor is adjusted it won't calculate anymore, even when the top drape height matches the truss.

I found a work around using the Insert Load (Distributed) tool, but there has to be a quicker way or something I am missing.

Cheers,

Enoch

On 3/9/2018 at 1:17 PM, Enoch Seutter said:

a work around using the Insert Load (Distributed) tool, but there has to be a quicker way

Nope, there's no quicker way.  This seems to be the 'official' workaround for borders, teasers or any soft good that doesn't reach the ground.. 

• 8 months later...
Guest Yordan Kostadinov

Could you please send me or attach a file with Soft Goods examples of THE LOAD IS NOT CONNECTED case. I'll be able to research further and we may provide a resolution.

Another workaround could be to attach the Soft Goods to a Hanging Position and use Witness Line to specify where the load to be calculated. Help page.

Regards,

Yordan

• 5 months later...