Help importing dwg into vectorworks 2017

Hi

Can anyone help please. I have a dwg that i am trying to work with in vectorworks. I need to add a bit more to a survey that was done in 2015. The architects have sent me the original dwg which i want to add my data to. However when I import it i end up with a blobby mess of lines, see the attached screenshot. I'm sure its a scaling issue but can't quite figure it out. If anyone out there can help i'd really appreciate it. Ideally I want to produce a drawing at 1:100 in vectorworks.

Cheers

Ben@OrbitalSurveys

dwg options.JPG

result.JPG

It's normally all about setting the scale of your design layers. Try setting your design layers to something other than 1:1. For example if you output 1:50, then change all the design layers to 1:50. The line weights will scale accordingly and you will be able to see more of what was intended. Alternatively you can use the Zoom line thickness button in the toolbar or go to preferences and toggle the Zoom line thickness option.

Come back with any more questions.